Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Ornaments...

I've decided to start a little series of posts about my Christmas ornaments...may not be very exciting...but we shall see how it goes.  I need to work on my macro photography skills so ornaments are something small that i can work on.  I'm showcasing the Christmas Ornaments that are special to me for one reason or another....we start with Mackenzie's first ornament...from 2008.  Now granted...she wasn't even BORN until 2009...but when you're 9 months pregnant at Christmas your baby might as well have their own ornament right!?
i got this ornament for our tree in November of 2008.  I was huge pregnant with our first child...a daughter...Laurel Mackenzie.  I was dying to get her out of me and hoping beyond hope that I would randomly go into labor at 36 weeks. :)  I wanted to have our first Christmas as a 3 unit family already!  It didn't happen but instead Joel and I enjoyed one last Christmas as just a couple.  We were the only 'kids' in the family still back then.  Christmas presents were all about us back then.  Well now things have changed.  Things have changed DRASTICALLY!  Christmas presents now rain down upon our children like cats and dogs!  I wouldn't trade one bit of it for anything either...Christmas last year when Kenzie was nearly 1 year old was more fun than any holiday i've had before.  Seeing her eyes light up and her little hands rip into wrapping paper was so much fun.  This year promises to be even more exciting yet as she fully understands what is going on now.  But this Christmas ornament will forever be one of my favorites because it's kenzie's first.  It symbolizes my switch into motherhood and my focus to my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment